Crispy Cauliflower Tacos with Green Rice (VE)
Vegan Crispy Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Mayo, Slaw, Pico de Gallo & Herby Mexican Green Rice
A vegan adaptation that may be better than the original. Our cauliflower version of Baja Fish Tacos is crunchy on the outside with the satisfying bite of great cauliflower wings. Slathered in chipotle aioli (VE), fresh tomato salsa (as spicy as you like it) and crunchy slaw, it's a perfect bite.
The batter is the star of the show, adapted from a recipe by Guerilla Tacos with added punch from smoked paprika, onion and garlic powder. And since it's beer-based, it doesn't suffer at all from the omission of egg.
Meanwhile, the Mexican Green Rice is a vegan dream. Based on a puree of onion, garlic, spinach and coriander, it's briefly sauteed, then boiled, steamed and baked for a perfectly fluffy finish (much easier than it sounds, too).
Hurrah for vegan food without compromises!
Cooking time: 75 mins
This Bash Box includes everything you need to cook the weekend of delivery with the exception of some olive oil and if you'd like to use on in the batter, an egg (not required).
Kits are delivered weekly on Fridays. Last orders Thursday at midday.
- Cider vinegar
- Chipotles en adobo
- Non-alcoholic beer
- Corn tortillas
- Fresh chillies
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Baking powder
- Smoked paprika
- Sea salt flakes
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Red cabbage
- Red onion
- Brown onions
- Fresh coriander
- Vegetable stock
- Basmati rice
- Vegetable oil
- Olive oil
Contains flour (wheat) and non-alcoholic beer (wheat).
At Bash we don't create original recipes, we adapt them from people who know better than us and aim to give credit where credit is due. The value we offer is in extensive recipe testing and ingredient sourcing. The recipes in this kit are adapted from the following:
- Cauliflower batter by Wesley Avila in his book Guerilla Tacos, named after his cult-status taco truck in L.A. If you're interested in cooking adventurous tacos (think tuna poke), his book is the best.
- Green rice is from Thomasina Miers' classic Mexican Food Made Simple, an excellent first step for those not totally comfortable with Mexican cooking - and since she's English, a the recipes are easier to source ingredients for.
- 1 small, oven-safe pan with a lid
- 1 large pan or wok for deep-frying
- Preference for mini food-processor (can manage without)
- Regular frying pan
- Mixing bowls & plates
Bash Boxes are delivered weekly in Dublin only, on Fridays between 11.30am - 6pm. Delivery costs €5.